Saturday, November 19, 2011

10 Reasons I Garden

1. Having something to do outside keeps me from wasting the day away inside.

2. Gardening is good exercise.

3. I feel a spiritual connection with the earth by working with it instead of just existing on it.

4. It's fun to experience the full seasonal cycle of the year.

5. I create something from nothing by multiplying what I sow. In fact I can even make use of once useless kitchen scraps by composting.

6. I get to eat what I grow.

7. I can see the whole lifespan of my food. I know what went into it so I know what I'm putting into my body.

8. I can grow vegetables I can't find in the grocery store.

9. Extra food can either be canned for later, sold, or donated.

10. Gardening provides useful survival skills. It's nice to know if I were left in the wilderness, I could cultivate food instead of just wander and starve. Also, I'd rather not resort to eating ants. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment