Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Raw and Loving It

I took the plunge into a raw food diet last weekend.  I feel amazing!  I have so much energy and mental clarity.  I still had some chicken left over so while I started in on a bounty of raw fruits and veggies, I finished off the chicken I had left.  By Monday, I was all raw. I love this food!  Bananas, apples, clementines, blueberries, strawberries, spinach, spring mix lettuce, celery, carrots, lemons, avocados, sunflower seeds, and nuts make for a very energizing food supply.  I am also eating almonds which I've read are not technically raw, but I'm not focused so heavily on technicalities right now so much as answering the important question: is this a sustainable nutrition plan?

It does take a lot of time to prepare some of this food, but I get to snack on fruit while I chop and blend smoothies and salad dressing so it's not all bad.  I have no problems with exercise.  I'm fully energetic before, during, and after exercising.  Anytime I get hungry, I can eat as much fruit as I want.  I'm really enjoying my homemade guacamole.  It's also fun to show off my green smoothies at work because they look really gross yet taste delicious.

I already have to go back to Sam's Club (there's no Costco in Little Rock or I would shop there) for more bananas.  When I was there last time, I saw a very affordable greenhouse that would fit well in my garden and blackberry and raspberry bushes.  I want to get those soon, but I have to wait for March.  I have had to rearrange my budget to save up for a new hybrid car.  My Grand Am gets 18 miles to the gallon.  I almost cry every time I buy gas.  My car is the action car--I use it to haul bikes and dog across town to the park more than once a week.  My first car was a hatchback from the late 80's, and it went forever on a tank of gas.  I currently drive a big car because my last one was hit by a truck (with me in it!), and I developed a phobia of small cars.  I am over my fears because any car has the potential to be a death trap, but only smaller ones will save gas in the meantime.


No comments:

Post a Comment