Friday, December 16, 2011

Illness is a forced vacation

Monday I spent the whole day moping in my office because I fancied the thought of being able to work from home at least part of the time.  Later that evening, I found out I had a fever.  Then I spent the next three days in fever and pain.  All I could do was lie in bed and wait for time to pass.  That is a forced vacation.  I am more than happy to return to work in my office today.  I'm pretty sure I was already sick on Monday, I just couldn't tell I had a fever because I'm always cold in my office.  What's sad is that with all that time off, I couldn't do much pondering about life because my feverish mind was telling me the most awful lies.  I knew I could not trust my own mind to bring any useful enlightenment so I even had a vacation from thinking.  I had a vacation from life.  I'm glad to be back in life today.

No comments:

Post a Comment