Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Avoid Trauma...fail

My dog has serious A.D.D. So last night when I was trying to mix in some jogging with my dog walk, he got distracted, and I got cozy with the pavement. I'm fairly certain it was my fault. I dressed for a long cold walk, not bursts of overheated jogging. I started out with a scarf, jogged a bit, took off the scarf, and jogged some more while carrying the scarf in my left hand. It only occurred to me much later after I fell over my dog that it may have been the scarf flopping around that distracted the dog. At first I assumed he saw a rabbit-shaped shadow. I shall endeavor to layer more wisely next time.

I'm seeing distraction training in my dog's future and solo jogs in mine.

I'm just glad that I got away with only scraped hands and a bruised hip. Even though I failed to keep my feet on the ground, at least now I've experienced a fall so I don't have to fear it anymore. I know I have the reflexes to handle it, and I don't have to keep up my flawless no-fall streak anymore. Less fear and worry is always an improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment