Monday, January 30, 2012

Busy Weekend

I've finished my 30 day trial of Primal Blueprint.  I am very happy with this plan.  It's one I'll be keeping for the long haul.  Speaking of long hauls, I bought a bicycle this weekend!  My fanny hurts from riding it, but that's not enough deterrent to keep me from riding it.  I rode a bike all the time when I was a kid, but when I outgrew my back pedal braking bike, I could not tolerate the atrocious squeal caused by the rim brakes or the gears that jammed every time I shifted them.  My new bike is totally awesome: disc brakes and gears that change easily with the push of a button.  I have to accept the loss one of my favorite past times from my old bike which was to slam on the brakes and see how long of a skid mark on the road I could make with the tire.  I can live without that and other silly stunts because now I can explore more of the river trail.  Weee!!!!  I'm so excited!

I will still be jogging since I still have to walk my dog.  Despite my exhilaration from having a new exercise vehicle, I cannot neglect my dog because he will drive me insane if I don't take him out at least once a day.  I have all my heavy lifting cut out for me with the bike.  Loading it onto the car and back off is not terribly difficult, but the bike is not exactly light as a feather.  The real problem is finding a parking spot at the pedestrian bridges by the river.  I find it strange that bikers will park their car on the bike trail when they could just as easily park at the lot half a mile down the road.  I can take the extra mile on foot, yet those with wheels refuse.  More parking for me, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment