Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Time is what you make it

Jogging proves to me that the Primal Blueprint is working.  I actually have the energy to jog for long distances without completely wearing myself out.  This energy is self-perpetuating.  I spend time cooking, and in return, I have enough energy to do what I need to do quickly when I need to.  The only sacrifice I have made so far is spend a little more money on food lately.  I justify the extra expense by labeling this blueprint trial as my current project.  Compared to what I was buying before this trial, it's really not much more since I had been getting very tired all the time and going out to eat more often.  Taking the time to jog, cook, and perform hard labor on lawn care no longer feels like a sacrifice.  Now it feels more like the parts of my day that make life more vibrant.

This extra energy has an effect on my work, too.  I can concentrate much better than I used to.  I can make faster decisions that don't feel like they are panic driven.  I am happy to go to work now.  I feel good when I am there because I know that I have good food to eat, and all my needs are met when I get there.  I don't feel tired from working out too hard, nor do I feel agitated from not exercising at all.

Last year, at this time I was stressed out about finding a job.  When I started working, I was tired all the time from learning a new job and getting used to the 9 to 5 schedule.  Now I consider myself adjusted to the time requirements, and I have enough energy to do what I didn't have time to do last year: grow food at home.  Today I will start my gardening project without the excuse of no time and no energy.  Managing my nutrition has given me time, energy, and the will to use them wisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment