Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Food Snob

Not only does following a diet plan require the ability to stand out from the crowd, it also requires the pride to rise above the crowd.  That is how peer pressure is defeated.  Now that I eat so differently from my peers at work, I find that I don't enjoy the free food that is offered any more.  The truth is, I haven't been enjoying it for some time, it just took a while for my actions to catch up to my beliefs.  Yesterday, I passed up free fresh pizza for a chicken salad.  I even refused the delicious smelling mini apple pies.  Usually when food is provided for me at work, I leave my homemade lunch for the next day.  However, I was really looking forward to eating my salad, and last week's pizza temptation showed me that pizza is really not worth the taste.  I was rewarded last night when I had a smooth jog around the neighborhood and rewarded again this morning when I woke with plenty of energy.

By snob, I mean that I'm not afraid to turn down free gifts of food.  I don't discourage other people at work from eating pizza and cookies.  I don't have to.  My enjoyment caused from eating healthy food speaks for itself.  If you are trying something different in your life, just remember: people who ridicule you are only jealous that they either don't have the willpower to change or that they didn't think of it first!  You can encourage them by showing that true enjoyment is worth a little extra work.

No comments:

Post a Comment